Thursday, September 11, 2008

Walls are for Reading!

When I was young, I memorized many poems that still come to mind today when I need their messages of hope and perseverance the most. Some of the most dynamic, effective schools I have visited have motivational posters everywhere. (even in the staff bathrooms!) Here are some great thoughts to inspire you and your students!

“He who opens a school door, closes a prison
.” ~Victor Hugo

“The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives. “ ~Robert Maynard Hutchins

“I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think” – Socrates

The world does not pay for what a person knows. But it pays for what a person does with what he knows.” --Laurence Lee

“When someone does something good, applaud! You will make two people happy.”

--Samuel Goldwyn

No comments: